Nothing feels better than spending hours at the beach or by the pool during summer to relax and reenergize ☀️ But if we don’t protect and pamper our skin sun can cause a lot of damage…
Learn my best tips below to keep your skin looking healthy and beautiful all summer long !
Sunscreen is a MUST HAVE ! Before heading to the beach, make sure you have a good sunscreen, especially to protect your face. I recommend using a natural sunscreen that is free of chemicals for few reasons…
Chemical sunscreens (commercial brands) contains many harmful ingredients. Natural sunscreen though, have been proven to reduce the effects of sun damage, preserve the skin keeping us looking younger, and helping in the fight against skin conditions and disease. (source)
The EWG reveals that the active chemicals commonly used in sunscreen are endocrine disruptors, estrogenic and may interfere with thyroid and other hormone processes in the body. Basically, they interfere with the systems in our bodies that balance our hormones and keep our bodies functioning at their regular state. (source)
- The main chemicals you should try to avoid when choosing your sunscreen are:
- What to look for instead: Zinc Oxide and/or Titanium Dioxide
Kiss My Face Everyday Moisturizer
2. Hydrating Oil
After a long day at the beach, you skin and hair will need a pick-me-up! Look for a nourishing oil that will hydrate and repair. Some ingredients to look for :
- Camellia Seed Oil: highly penetrating, rich source of omega 3,6 and 9. Also contains fatty acids, Vitamin E and antioxidant.
- Coconut Oil: Excellent skin softener, coconut oil contains saturated fats that retains the moisture into your skin.
- Grapeseed Oil: has good moisturizing and nourishing properties and easily absorbed into the skin
My Beauty Tea – Mermaid Beauty Oil
One Love Organics – Gardenia + Tea Body Serum
Staying hydrated should be a big part of your beauty routine! Drinking enough water or iced tea helps your body flush out toxins more efficiently, leaving your skin looking fresh and more radiant (source). By staying hydrated on a daily basis, you can also maintain your skin’s natural elasticity and suppleness! (source)
Tips to stay hydrated: always carry a reusable water bottle filled with fresh water or unsweetened iced tea.
Bkr – glass water bottle 500ml
My Beauty Tea – Mermaid Blend fruit tea
Have fun mermaids ! XoXo.